Businesses are increasingly turning towards more environmentally friendly practices. Sustainable practices are very important to organizations, as well as to humanity. The environment is becoming a priority for many organizations, and with good reason. There are many benefits to being environmentally conscious and one of those is that it is better for your bottom line! Eco-friendly packaging and other responsive practices can be a boon for your business, saving money on running costs and in some cases even making money.
Table of Contents
Why should we focus more and more on Environment Friendly and Sustainable Packaging?
Environment friendly packaging is one of the best solutions to reduce plastic consumption and pollution. This kind of packaging has been trending in the past few years, and we have collected some insights to help your business get started.
What is Sustainable and Eco-Friendly Packaging?
The Sustainable Packaging Coalition (SPC) has helped make it easier to understand what’s eco-friendly and what can be called sustainable packaging. They set up guidelines that determine if materials are sustainable or not. Below you can read about the most important among them:
- Healthy, safe and beneficial for and communities and individuals,
- Meet market criteria for costs and efficiency,
- Sourcing, producing, shipping and recycling with the use of renewable energy,
- Optimizing the usage of recycled and renewable source materials,
- Manufactured using best and fair business practices and clean production technologies,
- Made using materials that won’t become toxic throughout their life cycle,
- Designed to optimise labour, materials and energy.
The criteria for sustainability and industrial ecology were combined here with considerations and business strategies to address environmental issues associated with packaging’s life cycle.
These criteria relate to activities within the packaging value chain and identify areas where we actively seek to promote transformation, innovation and optimisation. We strive to be an eco-friendly packaging company by meeting these criteria. Successfully doing so will create a closed circuit of packaging materials that is cost-effective and better than the standard system.
What are 10 main Benefits of using Eco-Friendly Packaging?
- Eco-Friendly Packaging Solutions have been shown to lead to an increase in sales and a widening customer base. The demand for sustainable products is constantly growing according to a number of global studies. Statistics show that most adults born after 1990 are concerned about sustainability. Going green will encourage customers to come back. In addition, you’ll attract new ones who are keen on sustainable lifestyles.
- Flexible and Versatile – Sustainable packing is becoming more popular in various industries. There are eco-friendly packaging solutions for virtually any type of product, such as clothes, cosmetics, foodstuff or electronic devices. Traditionall packaging is not only harmful to the environment but also limits creativity. Environmentally friendly packaging has more forms and designs to offer.
- Improves Brand Image – By going green you can raise your company’s profile and loyalty. This will keep customers returning to you and buy more goods. Providing your customers with eco-packaging will help you promote your business as one that follows ethical trading policies. It will also allow your company to show its ethical, social and environmental concerns.
- Make your customers feel good when they buy from you with eco friendly solutions. – Customers are becoming more interested in products that lower emissions and save the environment. In order to meet their demands, retailers need to consider their environmental impact and adapt accordingly.
Eco-Friendly Packaging is more environmentally conscious and can help protect the environment.
Reduces Carbon Footprint – It is important to consider the environmental impact of your business. Using recycled material reduces consumption of resources and CO2 emissions by choosing sustainable solutions, such as eco-friendly packaging or shipping materials. You can save on your carbon footprint by purchasing packaging solutions from a professional supplier, such as Irbox.
Biodegradable – Eco-friendly packaging not only reduces the environmental impact of the company and its Customers but also has a high degree of environmental friendliness. The materials used in eco-friendly packaging are biodegradable and can be recycled.
Easily Recycled or Reused – environmentally friendly packaging should be both reusable and recyclable. Encouraging the reuse of packaging will help it last longer, which means less need for new materials – which further reduces its carbon footprint. The packaging should be of high enough quality that it can continue to be reused. For example, you could use the same box for storage or crafts.
Contains No Harmful Toxins and Allergens – Though we’ve come to depend on petrochemicals for so many things like plastic and other materials, these are not always sustainable. Many forms of packaging, like plastic, are damaging to the environment in the long-term. Eco-friendly and sustainable packaging solutions eliminate these problems by breaking down harmlessly and leaving no residual chemicals and allergens behind.
Eco-Friendly Packaging meets market criteria in terms of cost and performance.
Become Green and get the most out of Your Eco-Friendly Packaging!
Over 90% of CEOs agree that sustainability is a foundation of success. With the rise of sustainable trends, it’s becoming increasingly important to consider products and services that are sustainable. Customers are more likely to interact with and purchase from businesses who will make it their goal to support and sustain sustainability.
Eco-friendly packaging is a recent trend that has been getting increasingly more popular. Creating, sourcing, and designing eco-friendly packaging can take up a lot of time. If you’re not sure what you need, then think about all the aspects that are important for your business and weigh them accordingly.
More and more companies are taking steps towards being environmentally friendly. We, as consumers, are increasingly interested in smarter packaging that uses less overall materials. It’s good for our bodies because we will consume less tainting toxins and it’s good for the environment because the production of plastic is going to slow down considerably. Irbox is proud of its sustainable packaging solutions, which not only provide environmental benefits but also customer satisfaction and cost savings.
In the production of our packaging, we use ecological materials and solutions on a large scale. One of these is the purchase of energy from 100% renewable sources, as confirmed by the certificate below.